With your child about to start school, you must be in a fix on choosing the right private school for them. There are quite a few private schools in Brisbane. Each claims to offer the best quality education for your child. Weighing the pros and cons of each school is quite important. There are certain things which should be kept in mind when selecting a school for your child. The following are a few tips which would help you choose the right private school in Brisbane.
Get to know why you are sending your child to a private school?
The first step to finding the right private school is to understand why you want to send your child to a private school. Is the reason academic? Do you want your child to have a much better quality of education provided at a private school in Brisbane? Perhaps you are concerned about your child’s special abilities. Parents with gifted children often consider a private education because they believe their child would get the right kind of nurturing to excel. Sometimes the only reason why a parent is interested in a private education is because they want what is the very best for your child.
Practical requirements you should look into before sending your child to a private school in Brisbane
- How far is the school from the home? If children have to travel long hours, do consider the age of the child as well. Maybe your child would get too tired and the schedule a bit too much for them.
- Does the school provide transportation or would you have to arrange your own
- Would your child need after school care?
- Also keep in mind the budget of a private school. These schools have a fee structure which is much more than the one compared to a local school. Get to know the tuition fees and all the extra charges which you are expected to pay. If it’s within your budget, you may consider the private school.
- Also there are private schools which cater o a variety of genres. There are military schools, religious schools, schools with specialised curriculum for gifted children. Make sure you have all the necessary information.
Considering all of the above practical requirements would actually help you short lit the right private school for your child.
Once you have viewed all the above practical aspects about the school, don’t forget to consider the following:
- Does the school have a set curriculum with the aim of college preparation in mind?
- Does the school have modern and innovative facilities? While it is something which isn’t really important to some parents, there are those who want their child to have a completely modern education.
- What kind of approach the school has towards learning? A traditional approach or a state of the art modern approach which teaches alternate curriculum.
- Does the school involve parents in the co-curricular activities?
Make sure you consider all of the above when choose a private school in Brisbane for your child.